Class LKG Weekly Planner – 8th April 2019 to 13th April 2019
As part of our efforts to implement a system of regular teacher-parent and school-parent communication, below is the detail of the upcoming events/ topics/ activities planned for class LKG for the week of 8th April 2019 to 13th April 2019.
Weekly Subject Learning Schedule
- English: Students will be learning the letters e,f, and g. This will be done for oral as well as written form of learning.
- Mathematics: Children will learn the concept of ‘long’ and ‘short’ to understand comparisons between objects, distances, and things.
- Urdu: The Urdu class will include learning the حروف پ اور ت
- Hindi: Students who have opted for Hindi as their second language, will learn words beginning withअ. For example: अ से अनार,अ से अदरक,अ से अनार, अ से अमरुद. They will also learn a poem “अ से अनार के दाने ऐसे ।
बिखरे पडे हो मोती जैसे॥“
- EVS: Students have to cover the topic “My Body”. This will include the functions of the basic body parts such as eyes, hands, nose, etc.
- Art: Students will learn how to use appropriate multiple colours by colouring the rainbow in their art file.
- Value Education: As part of embedding moral values, students will learn the attributes of good manners.
- Conversation: Children will do a revision of asking for permission such as “May I come in?” and “May I go to the washroom?” Once the revision is completed, they will learn how to introduce themselves using simple sentences such as:
- My name is…
- My father’s name is…
- My Mother’s name is…
- I have two brothers and sisters…
- Class Activity: The entire class will learn how to make collages. We would request parents to send three-four different photographs of your child.
- Rhymes: Students will learn two rhymes “Georgie Porgie… “ and “Pat a Cake….”
- Story: With the help of audio-visual tools, the teacher will be sharing the story of “The Tortoise and the Rabbit”. This story aims to inculcate life-lessons.
- Nature Walk: The teacher will take the entire class around the school campus showing the students different types of plants, tree blossom, and flowers. This will help the students get a first-hand experience of nature and the impact of the changing weather on our surroundings.
- Touch, Feel and Say: Students will be asked to close their eyes and guess the object by just touching different objects such as eraser, pencil, notebook, crayons, etc.